Tuesday, February 2, 2010

How to fool a policeman

An old lady was pulled over by a policeman for over-speeding. The police man approached the driver's door.
"Is there a problem Officer?"
He said, "Madame, you were speeding. Can I see your licence please?"
She responded, "I'd give it to you but I don't have one."
"You don't have one?"
"I lost it four times for drunk driving."
The policeman was shocked. "I see. Can I see your vehicle registration papers please?"
"I'm sorry, I can't do that."
"Why not?"
"I stole this car."
The officer said, "Stole it?"
She said, "Yes, and I killed the owner."
At this point the officer got worried. "You what!?"
"He's in the trunk if you want to see."
The officer looked at her and slowly backed away to his car and called for back up. Within minutes, five police cars showed up, surrounding the car. A senior officer slowly approached the car, clasping his half drawn gun.....
The senior officer asked "Madame, could you step out of your vehicle please!"
The lady stepped out and said, "Is there a problem, officer?"
"One of my officers told me that you have stolen this car and murdered the owner."
"Murdered the owner?"
The officer responded, "Yes, could you please open the trunk of your car please?"
She opened the trunk, revealing nothing.
The officer said, "Is this your car Madame?"
She replied, "Yes," and handed over the registration papers to him.
The officer, understandably, was quite stunned. "One of my officers claims that you do not have a driving licence."
The lady digged in his purse revealing a license-card and handed it to the officer. The officer examined the licence. He looked quite puzzled.
"Thank you Madame.......one of my officers told me you didn't have a licence, stole this car, and murdered the owner."

The lady replied, "I bet the liar told you I was speeding, too!"

No comments:

Post a Comment